Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slow Going

"Be patient then brothers until the Lords coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near." James 5:7


We have worked as fast as we can to collect all our documents but it is rather slow going. Our re-location to Colorado as well as Mike's retirement proved to create a little more work in our collection process. Not to mention the new requirements that have been initiated since our adoption of Emily.

I was reminded as I read this verse in James of how patient farmers have to be as they await the birth of their crops. The girls and I planted a little tomato plant last summer and I can remember it seemed like forever before we finally saw the little green beginnings of our tomatoes and then even longer for those green tomatoes to turn red. That little tomato plant endured some harsh winds, dry soil and hot sun but in September we savored the fruit of our labor. I know that we too will savor the fruit of our labor in a big way when we have the joy of bringing our sweet boy to his forever home. So we keep slowly plugging away on this paperwork.

We have been blessed with a FANTASTIC social worker who worked with lightening speed to get our homestudy completed and in the midst of getting to know her I discovered a friend. What a nice surprise given that we had not had overly good experiences in the past with our social workers and I love having a new friend.

So we continue to work at crossing all our "t's" and dotting all our "i's" and are praying that within the next 2 weeks we will be ready to submit our I-800A.

Oh, the waiting......it can be tough but I already know how it all ends and despite the length of time I know beyond any doubt that I will feel the warmth of holding my sweet little brown eyed boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment