Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Waiting Game

Font size
"I saw God before me all the time. Nothing can shake me; he's right by my side. I'm glad from the inside out, ecstatic; I've pitched my tent in the land of hope. Acts 2:25 (Msg)
With our LOI on its way to China we begin what I know will be a long series of periods of waiting. In the adoption process it can often feel as though you are in a constant state of waiting for some type of document or some sort of approval. We know that this with this adoption the agony of our waiting will be magnified due to the fact that while we will compile the documents for our dossier our son is a world away from us in China. In most Chinese adoptions the dossier paperwork is already logged into China prior to receiving the referral of a child which is what we experienced with our adoption of Emily. That scenario makes it a little easier in that once you see the face of your son or daughter the time for travel is shortened because you are paper-ready to bring him or her home. Due to the fact we have not even begun the paperwork our wait to bring Wei Zhongcun home will be anywhere from 8 - 10 months. Despite knowing how difficult this wait will be I have great assurance that God began this work and the timing is already ordained by the one who created my son and HE will bring about the fulfillment of each milestone throughout this process in perfect fashion. I will strive to be patient and trust HIS ways and know that HE is never far from our little boy. He will hold him in HIS arms while we wait. I am reminded of how God stretched and expanded my comprehension of who HE was and how vast HIS loving arms could expand during our adoption of Emily. God used this time of "waiting" to polish and refine some rough edges of my humanness. I think that at this present time of my life I am in great need of having those truths become big in my life again while those rough edges have become visible again and are in need of some polish. And so I will wait, I will trust and "my flesh will live in hope..... knowing that HE has made know to me the ways of life and HE will make me full of gladness with HIS presence." (Acts 2:26-28) AndI with great joy I will anticipate that beautiful day when my brown eyed boy is in my arms.

Here are our referral pics. What a cutie pie!












No comments:

Post a Comment